Friday, April 11, 2008

An Update... on Life

I've been meaning to post about SOOOOO many things lately, but I either don't have the time or am too lazy. So, here's a summary of my life recently that would have been spread out in many posts if I had done it when I meant to.

Let's see... my Rubik's Cubing has been going well. I now have my 3x3x3, (that I got for Christmas,) a 2x2x2 Darth Maul head, (that I've had for years but could never do,) and now, a 4x4x4. They're all lubricated. My best times:
2x2x2: Don't really know, but probably around a minute.
3x3x3: Last I checked, 1:18.
4x4x4: I've only timed myself a few times for this, but I think my best time was around 6:30.
I'm considering trying out Speedcubing once I get some free time. Unfortunately, it requires learning about 200 sets of moves! O_O It seemed crazy to me at first, but I think that if I just used the instructions over and over I would eventually just memorize most of the moves automatically. Hopefully. I haven't tried it yet, though.

I'm still playing Guitar Hero almost every day. Just a few nights ago, I beat it on Expert. If you've never played Guitar Hero before, and you're thinking to yourself "Meh. It's probably really easy." It's not. I must have played the last song before the boss a hundred times before I got it.
Oh, favorite songs from Guitar Hero?




Those should be (pretty much) in the order of how much I like them. TTFAF IS AMAZING!!!!!!! That song has basically achieved the status among everybody as the coolest (and hardest) song ever. But, anyway...

Hmm... papercrafting has been going extremely well. Too well in fact; I don't have time to do the hundreds (yes HUNDREDS) of pages of papercrafts I have stacked up. I've been meaning to do some posts on those for quite some time, but was never really motivated enough... I hope to soon though!

I went on the annual Freeze-Out with my Boy Scout troop a few months ago (February I think) and that was really fun. Also last week end I went with them to Ft. Leonard Wood, that was really awesome. We did a bunch a military training, exercises, etc.. I got to use night vision goggles. :)

For those that are wondering, I did go to the midnight release of Super Smash Bros Brawl, I just haven't posted about it yet. I need to get some pictures off of my mom's cell phone (my camera was out of batteries). It was a fun night, though. Like everything else, expect a post about that soon.

I found a new file host: MediaFire. I've been looking for a good file hosting service, and MediaFire looks like exactly what I've been looking for.
I was looking for a file hosting service that basically had virtually no download restrictions. MediaFire is what I was looking for; no bandwidth limit, no file expiration, etc. The only real limit is 100MB max per file, but I really don't care about that because I don't plan on uploading any humongous files that I can't split or compress. I think that you have infinite storage, too. So... yeah. Expect to see the links on some old posts change.

Anything else... my birthday is on the 24th... and I already know what I'm getting. It's a really awesome camera! Basically, the camera I have right now is pretty cruddy. The video quality is really awful. So, as a birthday present, (basically my ONLY present,) I'm getting a new camera. Let's see... It's 12MP, (it says) it can record HD-quality video, it's got like 20 shooting modes, and a TON of other cool features. The cool thing about it: we got it for only $100 on Woot!. :) I'm pretty excited. Unfortunately, that means that I'm going to buy some other stuff I was hoping for myself. Oh well. It's worth it.

That's all I can think of right now... so I guess I'm done.

No comments: