Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Excuse

Okay, you were wondering what I meant by "I have an explanation, though, which I plan to explain in another post." in my last post. Here's the explanation.

Almost 2 weeks ago, my Wii died. :( Man, that stinks. It just stopped reading disks. Luckily, I registered it on Nintendo.com and got a 90-day warranty extension, so it was covered. I called customer support and did all the stuff they tell you to do, (which I had already tried from doing the internet troubleshooting,) but nothing helped. So the guy told me to send it in. The bad news: I was using a stand my parents had bought from GameStop, (I glows blue, and it's got a fan,) but since it's not an "official Nintendo product", if the technicians find out that it was the stands fault, it's gonna cost $75 to fix it. O_O Ouch. I don't see how it could be the stand though; I doubt that providing extra cooling to the unit would cause the disk reader to stop working...

So yeah...

"How is that your excuse?" Well, normally, every Monday I check the Wii Shop, to see what new games I can download. I think that normally reminds me to do the Video of the Week, so without the Wii, I forgot.

Man... I had no idea how much fun the Wii really is... my life is twice as boring now that it's gone.
:(

Oh yeah, the other bad news, they said it would be around 4 weeks to have it fixed. If it takes exactly 4 weeks, I should get it like the Wednesday before Brawl comes out, I think. If it takes any longer... *gulp* That would be like the worst thing that could ever happen. I could not bare to not have Smash Bros as soon as it comes out. It's going to be the best game EVER created, and I might have to watch videos on the internet of people playing it while I can't. *shudder* I don't even want to think about it any more.

No comments: